hey all....tryen to get my computer faster....

By warriorsquirle
Mar 21, 2005
  1. hey i wanna get my computer faster without much money. i've worked on it allot in the past year and right now i'm having trouble where it's verry choppy in games. i'm allmost shure it's the prossesor. i have a stock 2.4 from hp and i have 768mb's of ram. i have a ATI all-inwonder 9800pro w/128mb's and a 80gig 7200rpm hard drive(allso stock). i have played games such as "halo" "generals" "dawn of war" and "homeworld 2". i have a pretty bad choppyness for all the games listed and the computer slows down. it's not using much ram. when i got the new graghics card it improved allot, but still runs stuff choppy. allso i have 2 diffrent types of ram. i don't know why but the speed is diffrent on both chips 1 is 256mb(stock) and the other is 512mb, they are both ddr. i wanna upgrade for about $300. anyone got any ideas? i'm looking at the amd3200 64bit at the moment but lemme know if ya got some ideas k? thanks guys!
  2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello :wave: :wave:
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just been looking at your system specs. That psu looks boarderline it may well be that your graphics card requires more juice.

Go get the bigger psu and see if that improves things.

Make sure to get a good quality psu such as Antec or Thermaltake etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. warriorsquirle

warriorsquirle TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya thanks howard. i am getting one. i'm getting a ultra w/500wat's i had a 450 but it was a cheap brand and it died. even when i have the extra power it dosn't really improve. i'm trying overclocking right now so i'll see if that gives me much more.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.