TechSpot

Hey Everybody

By geekygirl63
Oct 21, 2008
  1. Hey - My name is Tracy and am a Computer Services business owner with 27 years background in IT from the federal government (yeah I know, does that count? LOL). I am always learning and searching to know more about the myriad of problems that occur with the systems we see, especially with hardware. We work with home users and small businesses and offer pickup and delivery. I live on the MS Gulf Coast and we have been in business since about a year before Hurricane Katrina and continue to get busier every day.

I spent 27 years working for the federal government, first as a data analyst (geophysics and oceanography) and then as a system administrator primarily on UNIX systems and some PCs.

I am here to learn and contribute in any way I can. My favorite part of my business is eradicating viruses and spyware, especially sleuthing out the ones that are the most difficult to find. (another member eloquently pointed out that a reload could be faster at times but I prefer the challenge!)

thanks and I look forward to seeing ya'll round here.

Tracy

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi Tracy welcome to TechSpot

I have seen all your posts and you are indeed helpful, :grinthumb actually I myself (with close to the same amount of years experience) have already learnt from you!

I hope that you will stick around here to continue to help other members. I can see a Guru Title in you, in no time :)

If you haven't seen already, there are many guides available, that you may want to reference h e r e

Enjoy your stay

Kim

3. geekygirl63

geekygirl63 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Thanks for your kind thoughts! I plan to stick around because I am learning alot and I love helping people when I can! Look forward to seeing you in the forums.
    Tracy

4. kittykat871

kittykat871 TS Rookie

wow, this is awesome, I thought that the IT industry was predominantly male oriented, so I am glad to see other women in here enjoying challenges with computers.

I am sure that I will learn lots from all of you.

I have already posted a problem, but thought I had better chuck in an introduction on the introductions page, so...

Hi all, I am a relative newcomer to the computer and IT industry. I only bought my first computer about 6 years ago, upgraded that several times and now have 4 computers (2 notebooks and 2 desktops) and about to acquire another.

So far my experience is more in the hardware side of things, in fact, am building a brand new system tomorrow in that I go and buy all the parts and put them together myself. This I can do, programs is another thing altogether! Some programs I am quite proficient at, but sometimes I am thrown one that I dont understand at all.

I am about to throw myself back into IT courses, have started certificate 2 in IT but got really sick and dropped it so that I could recover properly, a year later I am almost there.

I am sure I will get lots of great ideas and advice from many of you over the next few years.

Katrina

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi kittykat871 :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

Please read how to post a new thread in this Guide

Before posting please read all the Posting Guidelines

To access technical support please go to the Forums

It is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here

Enjoy your Stay :)

Regards Kim ;)