TechSpot

Hey Guys. Im new, and I really need help with msconfig

By Blu_327
Jun 14, 2008
  1. hey guys, um may i ask something?? i dont know really were to post a thread about msconfig. like, it doesnt work. so.. yeah? can anyone help?

2. brassmonkey1690

brassmonkey1690 TS Rookie

Um.. Start > Run > msconfig =D?

3. Blu_327

Blu_327 TS Rookie Topic Starter

no i mean, i do that. and i want to change it back to normal. but its stuck in Selective Setup.

4. siredhuman333

siredhuman333 TS Rookie Posts: 20

okay
    so when you go to all that
    go to these tabs
    SYSTEM.INI
    WIN.INI
    SERVICES
    STARTUP
    and click enable all
    then when you go back to the
    GENERAL tab
    it should automatically change from
    Selective Startup
    to
    Normal Startup

5. Blu_327

Blu_327 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok, i did that. and it didnt work. i meant though, ater you select what u want. then reset. it stayed th same for me.
    and again for me, it was still on selective startup again.
    but the thing i dont get is was working right before though. i was trying to find the exact source that makes my firefox work along with other games i play. and i soon found out it was 'outpost' and another called 'feedback'. i mean, before i restarted my pc many times before to find the source. and i tried again like before and didnt change wen my pc logged back in. i noticed the startups i just selected were un-checked. i was confused. so i checked them and restarted. it was still the same.

so.. now. i stuck with this. i cant use firefox, i cant play my games. idk what to do.

anyone know what 'autorun' is? i downloaded cause someone said its the ms thing, but shows more.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.