Hey! how do i find wat power is supplying by my PSU

By lynx17
Jan 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi,

hey how do i find wat power supply i have
    i bought my pc 1.5 years ago and since then i am unable to play games without hang,desktop crash and restarting.
    i replace my Gf 2 mx-400 with a inno3d Geforce 6600(128mb-128bit) agp
    but the problem still there. :(
    i m a low end user my specs are.
    Amd Athlon xp 2100+@1.73 Ghz
    Msi km4am
    512 DDR(400 bus)
    40 gb Seagate BARACUDA(7200 Rpm)
    inno 3d GF 6600 agp (128 mb-128bit)
    local PSU having no name but written "switching power supply model atx 300 watt" which is actually the problem i think so. :blush:
    so any body there help me, why the system restarts and crashes to desktop while playing 3d high gfx games like COD2 and Q4 and D3 & NFS MW.
    system runs fine and with no freeze while i m not playing games or doing anything xcept game.
    quick replies appreciated. :)
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

if its noname than rule of thumb is that 300(not equal to)300 watts... more like 10-15% lower (i think)
    this thread should help you out.. especialy the calculator to find out what you realy need
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic34724.html
    also check if your pc is starting to run a bit hot because high end games like those tend to use a lot of grunt out off everything, and that means heat as a byproduct.. if thats the case you might want to look at having additional fans or some other cooling devices...
    N3051M
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.