Hey I need some opinions on a good video card

Best Video Cards?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haaskev000

I figured that I would put this in the gaming section so I could get the opinion for gamers. Which brand of video cards is best and could you name the model please?

ATI

INVIDEA

OTHER

Right now the best card (the fastest one and DX10 ready) is the Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX.

And the best bang for ur buck card is the Geforce 8800GTS 320MB.

Now if only ATI would release the R600 right now....

I personally like ATI more then nVidia, ATI's cards are cheap in price but are very powerful

The R600 is going to be way stronger then the 8800 anyways

Also wolf the 8800GTS 320mb isnt that good, get the 8800GTX 768mb ;)

But the 8800GTX is very expensive, and the 8800GTS is way cheaper, and still offers excellent performance (faster than a X1950XTX) ;)

Also, you need to have an extremely powerful CPU to use its potential.

If you are asking which company makes the fastest graphics card, TimeParadoX and wolfram have already addressed that. Both companies make good cards in various price ranges, however. If you are asking about a card in a lower-than-top-of-the-line category, name your budget and we can give you some recommendations for good cards. Perhaps that is what you are really asking.

Do your own research for your own specs and what meets your budget and preference. 8800GTX SLI seems to be the most expensive and i think you do pay for what you buy. NVIDIA especially that they support stuff for intel now core 2 duo and not just ATI for AMD processors, i would prefer!

I run a AGP Geforce FX5200, cheap $90 card. It runs F.E.A.R., Battlefield 2 all expansions, Half Life 2, Counterstrike:Source, Quake 4, and World of Warcraft all smoothly.

The one WolfRam linked is probably the best card in DX9, I got Cross-Fire of them with 3gig RAM and run ALL games maxed with 90-100fps! Muahahah! :evil:

I need a card that willl be able to run Company of Heroes and Flight Simulator X.

Thanks People! keep making suggestions!

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Eh? What do you mean by that?

He probably means what Catalyst ( CCC.exe ) it has, it's the current version since it's a pretty new card, Think it came out last year or so...

I'd go with Nvidia because:
a) I have an ATI and it sucks. Games freeze and run slowly, and many games published after 2003 or 04 won't run at all, saying the video card is the culprit.
b) Nvidia actually collaborates with game developers (or so I'm told)
c) Nvidia has a cooler name :D.

The majority of people subscribed to this forum prefer nVidia about 75 percent of the time.
But there is about a 15 percent failure rate in both ATI and nVidia cards within the first year, in our experience. We do not find that the ATI fails earlier or more frequently than the NVidia.
The NVidia "gamer" video graphics cards do seem to hold up better.
Interesting to me, the failure rate is higher on the expensive video graphics cards we see in our shop, than to those under $60. Also, certain models fail much more often... perhaps due to defects in manufacturing or components.

raybay said:
We do not find that the ATI fails earlier or more frequently than the NVidia.

By "fail", do you mean the hardware fails to function, or to do its job properly?
Oh, and who's "we"?

Raybay you should definitely be more specific. Especially when addressing hardware specifically th models not the price range. Statements that are general are more likely to be disregarded, regardless of who makes them. PC videocards is something I am not experienced with but through research and talking to plenty of people who have experience, Nvidia seems to be the current champ in Video cards as far as graphics and compatability is concerned. Also when you purchase hardware, Warranty's help protect investmets as long as you dont overclock components which will void manufactures warrantys. Other than that Nvidia has great reviews for their products.

Well nVidia is good, I used them alot in my machines but ATI is more cheaper and still has the same power as the other cards ;)

Plus the R600 ( as I said befor ) is going to kick the 8800 in the balls lol

Forget all this, since intel is going to release a better CPU-Quad core 3Ghz, https://www.techspot.com/news/24962-intel-to-give-quad-core-cpus-1333mhz-fsb.html you know a supreme card is going to be made for this machine. The R600 price is up there with Nvidia's cards but i do believe that quality has its price. That of course my own opinion. If your budget is not supporting anything special then just buy a cheap Nvidia or ATI card that will play most PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back