hey, i'm new also, but i have a question

By darknate
May 22, 2006
  1. how do i change it to where i don't get emails sent to me when i get a new post on one of my threads?
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Above, click on "user profile" then "edit options".

Scroll down to the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change it to "no email notification".

3. darknate

darknate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

i did that, but it still sends me them.
  4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

user control panel->list subscriptions->select all the check boxes, then at the bottom, "selected threads"->delete.
  5. darknate

i guess that'll work.
  6. Kat

Kat TS Rookie

Hi I am new to the indepth computer chat and know how. i have a problem and would appreciate if anybody who can help me- in english please hehe. I have windows XP Proffessional now and have had previous major problems with pc. Although looks like probs still on going. I cannot seem to connect to microsoft to access updates. Have had loss of registry files somehow but thought I had re-installed all, but really need updates for this system. I can connect to other sites but not microsoft. Also as pc not been active for sometime so programs still require deleting and newer versions installed, which I know can cause some configuration probs, but dont think this is why updates cant be obtained, but as ive said i dont know a lot. Anybody have any ideas?? Asap would be good, if poss.
  7. darknate

well, first of all, xp professional is more for businesses and not home use. so you might want to uninstall professional if your talking about your home computer. did you use to have xp home edition? if you did, you probably want to go back to that. that might clear up some problems, it might not.
  8. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

Just turn on automatic updates in the Control Panel. If you have a valid activation license key then you should have no probs.

No, XP Pro is great for home PC too, there is little difference between Home and Pro, just that Pro has more networking function built in. ( Network Manager and other services like that, that I just turn off.)
  9. darknate

i am just going by what a geek squad member said at best buy. and since he is geeky enough to be a member of the geek squad, are you more of a geek than he is? lol
  10. Kat

Kat TS Rookie

Had millenium installed, as I said, old system that had been stored. Then when retreived it from hibernation was constantly getting error messages popping up,which i thought was down to reg files missing, but after fixing that and still having probs, so thought best to install new up to date windows.Think already set up to receive auto updates but will double check anyway. Thnx for all replies :confused:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.