Hey - I'm new!

By Har31n6er
Jun 6, 2006
  1. Hey everyone! I'm about 5 mintues new here! I have a lot of tech questions and I heard this was the place to come. I'll do my best to give back what I get of course!

I'm an Aussie guy, currently working in Japan. I've been here for over 4 years and loving it. I'll get married in November, so this year is pretty busy!

Nice to meet you all
  2. Leila

Leila TS Rookie

Hi I am an Aussi girl 5 min new as you said. No idea what I am doing but whant help on Windows Media player
  3. Har31n6er

Har31n6er TS Rookie Topic Starter

What's up with media player?
  4. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

Hey guys and gals. :wave: :wave:

Wellcome to techspot and congrats on your weeding :rolleyes:

:wave: :wave: :wave:
  5. Leila

Leila TS Rookie

Sorry all, have joined Techspot..first foram I have ever been on, don't know how it works yet but here goes.

I keep getting an icon on my windows desktop. Have deleted it four times but it comes back. It is DXVA Sig and my Windows Media player will not pull up.
    Keeps saying send error report to microsoft which I have done four times so far. What can I do why wont my Media Player open. I have seen this DXVA Sig on the web but none tells what to do to fix it.Can anybody help me Leila
  6. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Hello Har31n6er and welcome!!!

Good to have some more people living in Japan here. It often gets pretty quiet on this site during the USA/UK night time.

7. Har31n6er

Har31n6er TS Rookie Topic Starter

what version of Media Player is it? Perhaps upgrading to the latest one (if it isn't already), then deleting the file from the desktop. Also, Media player 11 beta is out, so upgrading to that may help (or not!)

Another thought could be removing Media player all together and using what I use:

Winamp (

and K-lite Mega Codec

To remove media player, START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS>Windows Components (button on the left)
  8. Leila

Leila TS Rookie

Thank you for that but I have got rid of media player 10 and reverted back to nine.. I still had the same problem with nine. nothing seems to work
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.