TechSpot

Hey kid, I'm a computer. Help computer.

By MrNemo
Sep 6, 2006
  1. Hello,

I have recently jumped into the IT world. I am currently doing systems support, administration, some rudimentary developing, and consulting.

My experience is somewhere between what Microsoft would consider MCDST and MCSA. My degree is in Political Science (useful! *_*), but I did take VB, C++, COBOL, and a few other computer courses in college, as I was originally in computer science.

Until recently, I was a professional musician and producer. I've toured Stateside and abroad, and my most recent production endeavor was for Project Runway on Bravo. My technology aspirations began when I was consulting to recording studios, building boutique machines that ran quietly and in racks, and training users about different recording platforms and hardware, and integrating outboard gear with virtual gear. Unfortunately, the music business is... it is a miserable place. Flaring egos, low pay, eccentric musicians... I decided that I had had enough.

Now I work 60 hour weeks and bow to the needs of lawyers, executives, and housewives.

I love it.

I have lurked about in this forum for a while, and there are some incredibly smart people here. Nice to meet you.

Shane Barber

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

I just bow to the Wife....

Nice to meet you Shane hope you enjoy the Forum, theres a lot of helpful people here, should you need help feel free to post, even if you think its gonna make you look dumb, we all forget the obvious sometimes, I know...

Regards

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello MrNemo and welcome to Techspot.

Good to have you onboard.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.