TechSpot

hey need help with motherboard/ram

By Some Dude
Nov 5, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey , this week or next week im getting a ram upgrade. im currently using 256 RamBus ram , and it will be cheaper to get like a gig of DDR SDRam than to get more rambus ram.now if its cheaper or not is not the question , the question is if my motherboard supports DDR SDRam , im running a P4 . my mother board is an Asus . AGP-G400 Series V 1.0.
    thanks for the help everyone :)

2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Are you sure that is a Asus board? I don't see any boards labeled AGP-G400, nor anything comes up for "G400". That is an odd model for a motherboard (compared to any that I have seen). I'm seeing a lot of Matrox card's coming up for "AGP-G400" but no motherboards.

3. Some Dude

Some Dude TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes 100 % sure.

edit : well tell me a way how to look up my model . ive looked in my hardware stuff but couldnt find it , i know its an asus though, do all asus motherboards allow the change?

ok i found it , its the asus intel 850 series. P4T-E

4. snowman

snowman TS Rookie Posts: 312

i checked on the asus site and your motherboard doesnt support DDR. or it says it has rimm sockets for up to 2gb of RD RAM. if your looking for cheap prices look on www.pricewatch.com or www.newegg.com

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.