TechSpot comer

By xerox22
Apr 15, 2005
  1. I'm a new comer....I've been having problems with my dual monitor setup I just bought so I figured I join and see if you guys could help me. Drop me an email/IM if at all interested.

-IM: xerox22
  2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:
  3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Hi xerox22, welcome to TechSpot.

If you want help with your problem you need to post it here with all the details and I'm sure someone will reply with some help as soon as possible.
  4. xerox22

xerox22 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Virtual Memory

Does anyone know what to set virtual memory settings to if you are running two hardrives and dual monitors . My computer keeps crashing and it says its the memory dumping.

My system config.
    intel P4 2.4
    512 mb of pc2100 (soon to be two gigs)
    (2) 120 gig 72000 maxtor hardrives
    Dual monitor lcd display
  5. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

The memory dump is the contents of the memory at the time of the crash and is used for diagnostics. Leave the virtual memory to Windows.

6. xerox22

xerox22 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Virtual Memory

When I leave the vitrual memory to windows it crashes with giving me a chance to change the settings. Plus I have read numerous articles that windows attempt to use every bit of memory even for the most usuless tasks. I was looking to free some up so it wouldn't crash so often. I guess I can always delete things from my task manager under processes but you see what i was getting at. I guess running 512 just isn't enough with all the multistasking I'm doing. It's good that I'll have 2 gig coming in this wed.
  7. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

You don't say what OS your using, but the amount of memory would not cause it to crash. It would just run slowly.

8. jaybird3691

jaybird3691 TS Rookie

Hi new to this, can any one help.
    I'm getting System Alert: Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx and Critical System error. Popping up really annoyed and worried could any one help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.