Hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

Found myself in situation where I needed to upgrade to a new pc, thought i'd get myself a awesome gaming machine and did, only I think I made a mistake in my Vid card. I'm running a PowerColor (who?) Radeon (powered by, and not made by ATI) and still can't get the FPS I was hoping for. I play America's Army and it seems like I'm still using my old P2 350. Just in the graphics end of things. So if anyone can tell me why I'm getting less than 50 FPS (inside buildings) I'd like to hear from them.

Thanks in advance,

nOOb

No offense meant, but if you want to attract attention, then please use a descriptive wording in your post-title. This will get you nowhere.

the 9200se isnt a fast card. you might want to get a better card if your going to play future games or want better fps. i would suggest the radeon 9600 or 9700 series depending on your price range.

If your running PC133 thats why. Get some DDR Ram, and expect 50% increase in performance (not in frames, but in general performance, loading times,etc).

Also your videocard is very outdated. Dont get an "SE" card [ie-9600se]. The 9600se is much cheaper then the 9600PRO for a reason ;) You get what you pay for. The Radeon "SE" cards are clocked much slower, where as the "XT" and "PRO" cards are clocked much higher and will give you the FPS your looking for. The 9700PRO is a chuck faster then the 9600PRO, so if you can afford a 9700PRO I'd get that, if not, try a 9600PRO. You can get a 9700PRO for about $200. 9600XT/9600PRO for maybe 150-180$.

If you've got the money definately try to get the 9700PRO. Been running one for several months and couldn't be happier.

Originally posted by aoj145
If you've got the money definately try to get the 9700PRO. Been running one for several months and couldn't be happier.

I couldn't agree more... i love my AIW 9700 Pro :cool:

hey the ati radeon 9800 pro is $349 here in vancouver. also the $83 asus p4g8x-dx and 2 sticks of pc2100 will give your system screaming performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back