TechSpot

Hi all from Oz, I'm a newbie & need your help

By doc
May 13, 2005
  1. Hi everyone.
    Like most ppl I imagine who find there way here, initially they come because they have a problem. I'm no different. I use an old puter, but reformatted the other half's XP a few days ago. Since then no audio. The message reads no audio drivers....what???Would'nt they be on the XP CD???
    Help, please......

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First off would you please fill in your system specs as per this thread HERE

Depending on whether you have onboard sound or,a seperate soundcard. You will either have to go to your mobo manufacturers web site or, your soundcard manufacturers website in order to get the correct drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:

4. doc

doc TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi again...

Sorry to be so dumb...When I click on Everest the Lavaly website seems to think I mean Mt Everest.....have tried searching...no joy...
    I couldnt make your link work.
    Thanx

5. howard_hopkinso

6. doc

Many thanx.
    In desperation yesterday, I downloaded a scan from Belarc, which gave me some info on my puters system.
    No display or multimedia detected tho, according to this scan.
    Cheers:)

7. howard_hopkinso

Hello Doc.

The thing is mate, without knowing what mobo and soundcard you have it`s nigh on impossible for us to help you.

Try the link above again, and see how you get on. It is deffinitely working.

Regards Howard :cool: :cool:

8. doc

I am so embarrassed :mad:All this bother.... My dill of a hubby "discovered" his motherboard cd, so we now have sound (audio), but still no "display". ie...tried to play Grand Prix4, can get sound, but no visual. Before format, it did work correctly.
    Have downloaded the info from lavaly's per your link, installed & scanned puter...seems like a lot of data....tons of 00000s. but will check later when I get more time. Thanx

9. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

wuz up DOC?

Welcome!
    We've got a good krew of
    digital surgenze willing ta help out.

10. doc

Glad to hear that :haha:

Have audio & visual (graphics), but cd burner non operational. Have installed Nero, uninstalled, reinstalled .......still not working.

Will try to find time later to fill in specs of puter :grinthumb

11. jean-guy

jean-guy TS Rookie

probedis .exe dll

i have a problem when close my computer apear in the screen probedis .exe
    and dll and other letters i dont tell in anglish i speak franch you know
    if you make something for me please i contact microsoft cant not repair my probleme

i am windows xp home my modem is us robotic 5699b 56k faxmodem
    before i have a usr but to small i dont remenber the number my 5699b is just after thank you
    jean-guy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.