TechSpot

Hi, and thx ahead of time

By DavidPercy
Sep 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hey folks, my name's Dave, I'm living in Manitoba, Canada and am very happy to have found this community.
    Although not completely computer illiterate, there's simply so much to learn that a community of shared knowledge seems the way to go. Having been fairly diligent about security (and a bit of paranoid perhaps) I've always had a smooth running, virus free machine.
    Apparently, I recently let my guard down and have had a handful of security issues. I found the 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal post, and it's helped a lot, specifically in connecting me with this helpful and informed community.
    Additionally, another member had similar issues with Firefox redirects and non-functioning Malwarebytes as I, and the fix suggested to them worked perfectly for me too (found a rootkit).
    The Firefox redirect fix was great but running Malwarebytes in safe mode (the only way I could get it to work) found a trojan, so I will go through the 8 steps, and may make a post of my own if need be.
    Thanks ahead of time for all the very helpful info and helping secure my PC. Good luck all.

Dave

2. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi DavidPercy :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)