TechSpot

Hi, CMH here

By CMH
Jun 8, 2005
  1. I'm living in Australia, and I've got some interest in computers every since I've got my first one. Started with a Compaq Presario P133. Had infinate amount of problems which messed my gaming, prompting me to open the case and do some DIY fixing. And since it always got trouble, I managed to work out a little on how the comp works, what makes it work, and what doesnt.

Of course, things have gone a long way from there. 20 now, and have been toying around computers ever since that problematic Compaq (and due to those problems, I vowed never to buy big brand ones anymore). Have comfigured and built up 4-5 of my own computers, and helped with the building of numerous more. And of course, providing the support as needed.

I'm not into the IT line (surprise!), and since the last 2 years I've not had to configure a new comp, so I've not kept in touch with the latest developments. My computers are getting rather old now, but still very much useable. All P4s, had to upgrade one of them due to breakdown of CPU/Mobo (couldn't be stuffed identifying which one, so just went and upgrade to P4. Basically P3 era parts in P4 system).

My current computer system:
    P42.8e
    Gigabyte GA8IPE1000
    MSI Geforce Fx5600 128mb
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    2x512 MB Kingston RAM (dual channel of course)
    120 Barracudda Seagate SATA
    1.44' FDD
    Liteon 52x CDRW (don't ask)
    52x CDROM
    Some iCute casing. 2x80mm fans (inflow)(one on top, one on side panel) 120mm fan at the back (outflow)
    Recently added a golf 325 heatsink, with a thermaltake ufo fan. And then overclocked it.

As mentioned in another thread, I had problems with HDD cooling, have already stuck some heatsinks on it, but will want something better soon.

Also, my experience is mainly in the hardware as you can imagine. I can do alittle minor software stuff (windows problems, drivers) but its very limited.

Probably said all I can now.

2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Well, your current rig is still very respectable. I've a feeling you'll fit in quite well here. :wave: Welcome To TechSpot! :wave: Enjoy your stay!

3. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,039   +9

Well thx, but it does seem to be a little slow. Probably need a graphic card upgrade. (will think about that one)

I know it lags playing the latest games, but other than games, what I do on the comp I won't be able to tell its performance. Will be getting a new one anyways. Need a 4th comp, can't play 2 on 2 with 3 comps, can I? :p

4. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 316

Hello and welcome :wave:

by the way what does CMh stand for????

5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,039   +9

CMH is a very old nick of mine from the days when I used to play CS. Since everyone knows me by CMH, I've never changed it.

CMH: CallMeHero.

And yes, I was 14 at the time. Can't be stuffed changing my nick though. Almost the same reason why I can't be stuffed changing my e-mail. Lucky its not something absurd like bigsexyhulk@machoman.com (no offense for those who loves e-mails like this).

6. Bipolar_Gargoyl

Bipolar_Gargoyl TS Rookie Posts: 71

Welcome and nice to meet you! :wave:

Bipolar_Gargoyl

7. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 316

Cool name dude.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.