TechSpot

hi every1

By etones
Jun 26, 2005
  1. can any1 help me with my website it has gone down and i cant see any probems with it check it out at www.etones.20m.com, also having some problems with my compaq presario 5000 series, it keeps freezing and the cd drive wont work it keeps thinking that there is a disc in it even through there isnt, and it wont open. info below -

compaq presario 5000 series
    1 ghz AMD athlon processor
    128mb ram
    win xp pro

have got more ram off the internet but dont want to install it until the computers workin again.

im currently usin my old dell dimension xps t500 until the compaqs workin, the dell is great have had no problems since the day i got it. its a bit slow but i works great its only 64mb ram lol

can any1 help

2. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 316

Hello and Welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

well it seems that ur system dirty inside try cleaning it as this causes overheating and frequent freezing

3. etones

etones TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 146

thanks for ur help opened the pc and cleaned it, turned it on with out the cover on and is working great but i do have one problem i cant get the cover back on. lol

4. mjkohler

mjkohler TS Rookie

Hi Every 1

Well :bounce: You are one step ahead of me!!

I am trying to get my cover off so that I can remove the CD drive and look at it.

Can you be an :angel: and tell me how you remove it. I have managed to get a side cover off, But I am presuming that the front also needs to be removed and I cannot even get the plastic cover off that is over the case! :blush:

Love to hear how it is done. mjk

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.