Hi everybody

By SirKit
Mar 31, 2007
  1. I just arrived here via Google. I typed in some keywords relating to a problem that is bugging me with my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which has a Windows XP Home operating system, and it brought me to this site and a thread that, right off, mentions my same PC and a similar problem. In short, it deals with losing the wi-fi connection frequently. I'm going to post into a thread that seems to have a similar, if not exact same problem, with this same computer with more details about it. I have not yet looked around this site, but I could become a regular visitor, more to learn a few things from those of you who are much more savvy than I am, than to contribute pearls of wisdom from experience. Perhaps if I stick around long enough, then I to will have more to contribute one day. But I also like to talk about all kinds of other things, so if I see something where I feel I can add my thoughts, I will do so.

Anyway, hi everybody, glad to meet you all, and if you know anything about my wi-fi problem of constant disconnections from good signals (and each time I lose one I either try Repair or try to reconnect to the router) let me know. This did not happen with the Belkin router I had bought and installed at home (when I had a home). Oh, yeah, I also get a red-x error message frequently when I Shut Down. I don't know quite what it is, it tells me some long string of numbers and such. I'll look and see if that has been addressed anywhere or I'll start a new thread if need be. I don't do any of my Live Updates. I do not like updating when I do not know what I am installing or how much space they're going to use. Someone sent me the name of a site I can go to to find out what the updates are, but I get these pop-ups to update so much that I am much too lazy to look into it further.

As you can see, I'm also a man of many words!
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Welcome. Be sure to read the FAQs in the guides forum and also at the top of each forum. 90% of questions are already answered there! Please post questions once in the proper forum and if members can help you, they will reply if they wish. We're strictly voluntary here! Update your profile and put your location in if you haven't already done so- we like to know where people are from around the world! Take care and enjoy techspot - I've been techspott'n for a few years now. :)

To avoid pop-ups use a good browser like Firefox, Mozilla suite, or Opera. Not doing live updates is very foolish. Most updates are for security purposes. Just let it self install.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.