Hi everyone from new member

By gahannon
Aug 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am an electronics maintenance tech who works in industry. At my location, I don't have much computer technical support. So, I thought that this site would be a valuable resource for computer and software problems that I encounter.
  2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

3. gahannon

gahannon Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks. I am trying to figure out how to post a technical question that I have concerning XP, SP2 on a Dell Latitude D620 laptop.It does not recognize my new Allen-Bradley USB to DH-485 Interface Converter , 1147-UICas a new hardware device. Thus, I can't load the necessary drivers for it to work. It worked on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop with the same operating system. The USB device is used to commuicate with Allen Bradley SLC 500.
  4. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

You might want to try posting here...
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu14.html
    Unfortunately, the only thing I've ever hooked up to a PLC is the 'calculator' type programmer.
    Have you contacted your Allen Bradley distributor about this?
  5. gahannon

gahannon Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

USB problem

No. I haven't contacted Allen Bradley yet. My company has their software installed on some computers that we have bought and it is on this computer that the device isn't recognized as being new hardware. It works on the other Dell computer without the company's software. I don't know if it is a Microsoft problem or something that my company's software could be blocking. But, other new USB devices have been recognized as new hardware. I tried a new USB to serial converter yesterday and the computer recognized it as being new and asked for the software as I have seen before.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.