TechSpot

Hi everyone

By k coon
Feb 14, 2007
  1. I was just searching the web for a "how to" about routers. I just purchased a gateway laptop and would like to make it wireless. I know nothing about adding software to a computer but I'm hoping by joining this site I'll become more informed about what to do and what not to do. I haven't purchased a router yet, don't know which one to buy. I downloaded the components of my laptop and it said it has an integrated Gemtek 802.11b/g wireless networking 4311E (FRU) what ever that is? I have a DSL cable connection which I have connected to the laptop so I can use it but I would like to make the laptop "wireless" so I can move from room to room. What do I do now?
    Thx
    Kay

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please post this problem in our Storage & Networking forum.

Regards :)

3. k coon

k coon TS Rookie Topic Starter

and exactly how do i do that
    kay

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

HERE is a list of our forums. Click in the Storage and networking forum and click on the new thread button. Give your thread a descriptive title and write your post. Click the submit button.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.