TechSpot

Hi everyone!!

By GSW327
Jun 27, 2007
  1. Hi All,
    I am begining to create a network in my home to allow multiple users access to my Cable internet router. I am here to find out the best, most reliable way to perform this function with the least expense. I have a vast amount of knowledge in Mainframe computers and PCs and have networke quite few together.
    I have never started from scratch nor have I had to do serious trouble shooting to get thing working for the networking aspcts of the Windows software. I am using my house as a test area to expand my knowledge and abilities. Plus I am running an in home business and I would like to network my records so I can access them from anyware. Hope to find verry useful info here.

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi GSW327 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Your certainly in the right place to ask that question, there are a lot of brainboxes around here.

We have a network section here that should have all the help you need.

I have a home network that I setup it has 4 laptops, 2 fixed PC's and a Domain Controller, keeping that lot up to date and running takes up some (not all of my spare time) but it gives me something to do as I dont drink or do drugs....(well only if caffeine counts :grinthumb)

whilst your here would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

3. GSW327

GSW327 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, I'm sure glad to find friendly knowledgable people to bounce questions off of...I take the attitude of the more you know about things I know about the less I have to do...... Thanks again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.