TechSpot

Hi from Durban South Africa

By Essex
Oct 10, 2007
  1. Hi all,

A "brief" resume.

I have grown up with computers from the original punch cards, 386's AT's etc to today's quad core multi gig drives. Memories of using a 20Mb hard drive doubled up to 40 with Disk Manager coupled with a Hercules Graphics card and minuscule RAM haunt me with the long nights I loaded primitive fonts on the fly. Introduced DTP to the Print and newspaper industry back in the late eighties, who just "Pooh-poohed" it back then. Some of us might even remember the Sinclair Z80 in the late Seventies :)

Ah well, today, with Quad core, colour printers and scanners etc, I would have been in heaven back then.

Been a professional Techie for the last three years, its easier than being hands on in the previous business I ran. Now I can sit back and dabble on other people's PC's.

I am a member of SA's myadsl forum as a lot of my work involves solving video broadcast recording and utilising latest technology from beta formats.

My membership at TechSpot is aimed both ways, for information sharing and problem solving with and for others as well as myself when stuck in a corner.

I look forward to spending time on the site when technology keeps me waiting at the work bench... barring quad core software installations... hyperspace ... "Beam me up a new system Scottie" :)

For the administrators, glad to see a site using a generic format seen on most professional sites of this kind... makes me feel at home.

Catch ya'al in the forums soon. ;)

2. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

Hello Essex and welcome to Techspot.

I'm pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay here at Techspot.

I have to say, that is a great introduction to Techspot.

Regards Jase :)

3. Essex

Essex TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

You're welcome... must be the British Education LOL

4. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

yes, sure is Essex. lol

Regards Jase :)

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

6. Essex

7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Lol, I know the feeling mate. People say I`m going through my second childhood. I just tell them I aint got over my first one yet. ;)

No worries on the system specs I fully understand.

Regards Howard :)

8. Essex

PS...

long as it ain't potty training...
    maybe I should check...
    catchya

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.