TechSpot

Hi guys! I'm new in the community but have some experience with IT. Nice to meet you

By victosta
Jan 20, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDD problem.
    I bought a 1 TB HDD, SATA II Samsung made, I mounted it as USB mass storage. The OS didn't see it. Aha, it is unformatted. Then, I mounted it as internal HDD and succeeded to partition and format it with the W XP tools. The first partitiom was FAT 32 and the following NTFS.
    It worked perfectly as an internal HDD. Then, I installed it in a USB port again and it didn't work. That means, the device manager sees it as an USB mass storage device, but in the explorer or in MyComputer, Explore there is no drive letter seen. I suppose it is a FAT problem. What do you think ? I mention I have another HDDs of the same dimension or less that work perfectly as USB on the same computer, but I bought them ready formatted and partitioned.
    I'd be very glad to receive help from somebody more experienced.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.