Hi, I need help choosing a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanslayer

Hi, I'm a computer savvy guy, but I've never built my own. I am going to, and want help finding a good power supply. I've been looking at the Antec Neopower 480. Has anyone had problems with this, or have suggestions. I would appreciate help.
Spartanslayer.

seems good to me. i looked at a few reviews on it and nothing bad was said about it. im not all that good at picking hardware what i usually do is search google for reviews of what im gonna buy before i do to see what types of problems people have had with it if any.

thanks for the quick reply

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I am planing on building a fast athlon system. I would appreciate any comments on my planned system which is below.

Planning to Make:

Athlon 64 4000.
XFX 7800 GT.
1GB Corsair.
300GB Maxtor.
MSI K8N Neo4 SLI.
Aspire X-Navigator ATXA9NW.
Antec Neopower 480.
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

Antec is well known to be one of the best makers of power supplies in the industry. You'll have no problems with that PSU.

The only problem you MAY have is if you go to set up SLI sometime down the road, as you may need more power (depending on what else you have as far as hard drives and other periferals).

You can calculate how much power you need here: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

And this is an excellent article on PSUs in general: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566

thanks

Thanks, I also might get Truepower II 550 Watt. That should be enough. I might wait and get that when I do sli though. I am curious if the case I am looking at is a good one. If anyone has it I'd love to know what they think about it. Thanks again.

my buddie has that case he said it was easy to work in and has good air circulation. he did say tho that it seemed a bit flemsy but once he got everything in it, it didnt seem that bad.

building

Thanks alot for all the replys, does anyone know where I can find a good article about the physical part of building the computer. I need all the help I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back