TechSpot

Hi, I'm Kristi and I have a virus...

By Kristi
Nov 12, 2007
  1. ...of the 'puter kind! And it's HIGHLY annoying. I'm a stay-at-home mom of four...and a person with a closet bachelor's degree in computer science issued mere seconds PRIOR to PCs coming into the picture...therefore I know just enough to be a very dangerous menace to my computer. And that's why I'm here to make friends with y'all.

2. hey there kristi. welcome to techspot. howard, the admin, will recommend a few links to other parts of the site to get you up to date on some important issues and stuff.

just to let you know, the introduction area isn't for posting your problems just yet. you have to navigate to the proper topic section and post there. your problem would best be suited for the "Security and the Web" forum, found here:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

go in there, click "new thread" and give a detailed analysis of the exact problems you're experiencing, and the events leading up to it. you may also see fit to download the following program so you can give any specifications about your system that you need to:

it's called everest. just do a google search for "download everest" and you should find it. it will tell you anything you could possibly need to know about your computer. not how to fix it though! so don't assume to much. that's what we're here for.

all of this is just so you're prepared to answer any questions we ask you. once you do that, you and we are going to be able to tackle any problem you have.

once again, welcome to techspot. and i wouldn't worry about making friends. at techspot, we practically are friends already. hope you enjoy your stay with us. ;)

regards
    link

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Kristi and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

Please post any questions/problems you may have, in the appropriate Forums.

For your virus problem, click the link in my signature.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.