1. Looking for fuse information.
    T6,3AH 250 Volt
  2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave: I'am not shear what you want to know
  3. timbob_fisher

timbob_fisher TS Rookie Topic Starter

Looking for information on the fuse

I figure it's a slo blo ceramic/thermal type...6.3 amp @250 volt.
    Just not sure what the significance of the comma in the spec

T6,3 AH 250 Volt
  4. PFJ

PFJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Looking for information on the fuse

Hi timbob_fisher,

The significance of the delimited or comma is to denote a decimal point. Therefore as you state 6,3A is indeed 6.3A or 0.7A short of 7Amps or amperes.
    People take fuses for granted and stick in any type with the same value as a replacement. Even though you have deserned that the fuse is indeed a slow-blow or time lag (T=Trage) type you next need to know the manufacturer.
    From my experience there are two major fuse manufacturers (excuse me if I do not list the signifcant other) i.e. Bussmann and LittleFuse (LT). Your next step is to examine the other indentations on the fuse to determine this. Youcan then go to their websites and view their range of T6.3A/250V and select the correct type.

But be careful - there are also other technical specifications such as I2t ( current squared time) or thermal breaking point.

Not an expert - but I hope this helps.

P.S. "A fuse blows for a reason and it is an important intrigal safety component - first locate the root cause of failure"

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello timbob_fisher and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.