Hi ...lol this will sound funny

i_need_answers

Hi,
this may sound funny but I'm 13 and I want to learn how to program games and
other programs for computers using c++ and Java. LOL i've read begining programming for dummies and understood most of it. But If any of you programmers have any tips on how to learn most of these codes I'de be very gratefull if you could send me links or tips to my email.
ps. I also want to learn as much about how computers work and networking and servers and all that stuff. Although im young i want to learn as much as i can.
also I have a pretty standered knowledge in computers. I also know this will not happen overnight.
thanks for any information you can give me
ps. please excuse the typo's im not that great in spelling.lol

Don't want to sound like an *** or anything, but the best way to learn, especially about computers and even more so with programming, is to figure it out for yourself. You find an inconsistency, you try several steps to fix it, and you learn several different things before you have even corrected the problem. You are either meant to be a geek or not, simple as that. Give yourself a little time, keep screwing around, and you will get there.

thanks

Hey thanks but i've basically learned a whole lot tinkering with my pc and thats not a problem but what i want to learn about most is programming. I think it's very unlikely that i'll learn how to program on my own so i was looking for referals to books and websites that might help.
Thanks

So you want to learn how to program games right? Well, I'd do a search in google. By the way, do you have the software for it? There should be tutorial's on how to program stuff like that. Anyway I don't really know of any good sites... here's one site http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/ and if doesn't help sorry.

Back