TechSpot

Hi, my computer is being a pain and i think it's heating issues

By [KOD]Badman
Jun 16, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i have a A7V600X motherboard, AMD Athlon 2600+ processor, ATI Radeon 9800 pro AGP. I am using windows XP Pro. I dont really know thespecs of the rest of my computer but I dont think they are the problem. My computer will last about 30 to 45 minutes and then shut down. to get it to work again i have to turn off the power strip for a minute, then turn it back on. Then it will turn on normally. I recorded the temperatures and the computer shuts down when my processor reaches 60 degrees celcius. The motherboard is 40degrees celciius when it dies. I have tried using several different fans but nothing seems to be able to cool it down. I made sure the fans were blowing the rightr direction.The computer is currently running with its side off. :hotouch:
  2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

Is the shutdown software controlled? You could increase this another 5 degrees to get it to run longer. The real answer is a better heatsink + fan.
  3. [KOD]Badman

[KOD]Badman TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't think that its software controlled. The only program im aware of that will do that on my computer is the ASUS probe but it's threshhold is set much higher than the temperature the computer actually reaches
  4. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

Welcome to tecgspot :wave: :wave:

the next option is to go to the BIOS and and increase the threshold as for MB it is BIOS controlled check it out and let us know :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.