Hi! problem with PS3

By raido626
Mar 22, 2010
  1. Could someone tell me, if i buy PS3 from China, will it work in Europe (Estonia).
    Please help me.
  2. travis061986

travis061986 TS Rookie

more than likely no. Contact Sony and they will be able to give you an answer.
  3. raido626

raido626 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok! But were could i contact with sony to ask for it? but what could be the reason that ps3 from china will not work in europe. i think that only problem could be the electric cord, in china it is abit different, but i could buy a new cord. ArenĀ“t i right, please aswer me!!
  4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

it may not work if it's not an authentic sony product... if you are sure it is, you may have some video format issues but the console should work. visit the Playstation Knowledge Center and search around a bit, there should also be contact information or tech help. be sure to change your country if applicable.
  5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

Just get a new adaptor or cable and you should be fine. PS3 games are region free and China also uses PAL so there shouldn't be any issues with video formats either.

But obviously make sure it is genuine first, because I don't think PS3's in China are any cheaper than the rest of the world.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.