Hi! Quick question about X700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Hi all. I'd like to know if someone could tell me whether this card is any good at all. I'm not fussed about the price because I've found it cheaper elsewhere. It's just that I can't determine whether it's a good card, or it's one of those ones that only looks good and mucks up when it comes to performance. I'm currently running off a Nvidia geforce 6200SE turbocache which I need to get out of my system. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me aproximately how much better this card is than my current one. I'd also like to know what kind of settings I could reach on the likes of FEAR, BF2, PREY and well... you know the rest. Thank you for your time - I apprecitate it!

If I were you, I would save up a little more money and get the Radeon X800, which is much better. You'll be able to play pretty much any game on medium settings (at least).

OK thanks. I just thought that it seemed a good card (especially as it was only £50 on Ebay!).

The X700 is not a bad card at all. It is equal to a 6600GT in performance, which says a lot about it's capabilities. The X800 series has almost double the pipelines of the X700 so there is a massive boost in performance. A good, cheap alternative to the X800 series is the X1600PRO and the X1650PRO. Both are available as AGP and are much, much better than the X700. They're only around 10-20 pounds more than the X700 but have more than double the performance. An X800XT or an X850XT is the best of all but both are very pricey cards. They are blazing fast though and can play most games with the graphics settings maxed out.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
The X700 is not a bad card at all. It is equal to a 6600GT in performance, which says a lot about it's capabilities. The X800 series has almost double the pipelines of the X700 so there is a massive boost in performance. A good, cheap alternative to the X800 series is the X1600PRO and the X1650PRO. Both are available as AGP and are much, much better than the X700. They're only around 10-20 pounds more than the X700 but have more than double the performance. An X800XT or an X850XT is the best of all but both are very pricey cards. They are blazing fast though and can play most games with the graphics settings maxed out.

Thanks for the advice. Just to check, are you reffering to the EXACT card I listed? The X700 I've seen in 128, 256 and 512 form (considered one is 512). If you checked out the link I gave, would you be giving any difference in response, or would you still rank it a good card? Perhaps you could also estimate how much more powerful it is than my current card? Don't bother if it's too much hassle, but I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Zeox said:
Thanks for the advice. Just to check, are you reffering to the EXACT card I listed? The X700 I've seen in 128, 256 and 512 form (considered one is 512). If you checked out the link I gave, would you be giving any difference in response, or would you still rank it a good card? Perhaps you could also estimate how much more powerful it is than my current card? Don't bother if it's too much hassle, but I would appreciate it. Thanks!

The memory contained in the card only makes a difference if you are going from 128 - 256, and it's mainly the gpu (graphics processing unit) that really counts, and as previously said, you would do much better with a Radeon X1600, or X1650 and it's only 10-15 pounds more (God I'm not used to writing pounds :) ).

Yes I am referring to the exact same card. Considering ur current card, the performance offered by the x700 would be roughly 3-4 times that of the 6200SE. A 6600GT would offer similar performance but it would also have support for Shader Model 3.0, which the x700 lacks. Alternatively, if u can wait awhile, try to get a 6800GS. It's the best midrange solution IMO and more powerful than all the other cards I listed, except for the X800XT and the X850XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back