TechSpot

Hi there!

By zz11mm33
Jul 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Good morning. Just introducing myself!
    I've just registered into this forum. I'm 44, I've been in love with computers since
    1989, the times of MS-DOS, I've witnessed the raw beginnings of Windows, the
    rise and fall of computer brands, and the fall and rise of Apple :eek:)

I am a mexican citizen, I live in Chihuahua, México (just south of the US border).

I'm in love with my notebook, an HP DM1, based on the new AMD E-350 APU
    (netbook on steroids I call it :D ) and my "other" machine is a self-assembled
    desktop with a Gigabyte AMD 785G-based chipset, AM3 socket with a 3-core
    Phenom. 4 GB Corsair RAM, and a Samsung monitor.

They are modest machines, so I try and keep them heavily tweaked and bloatware-
    free, so they work really nice. (side note: I have assembled my own desktop PCs
    since 2002).

On both of them I've installed Win7 Pro 64-Bit. The desktop dual boots to OpenSuse,
    and the notebook dual-boots to Linux Mint.
    I decided to stop using Ubuntu since 3 versions ago, and although technically Mint
    is Ubuntu-based, in my opinion is a world of difference.

Other distros that I've used to find the one that I liked, were: Mandriva, Xubuntu,
    Lubuntu, Kubuntu, used Lindows (later called Linspire because of M$ lawsuit),
    Fedora, Puppy, Vector, and Meego, Linpus on my previous netbook. Not bragging,
    but just talking about how hard is sometimes to find what one really likes.

I stumbled upon Techspot this morning that I was reading news on the Google
    News and there was a tech note issued from Techspot. When I clicked on it to read
    the note, I noticed at the botton of the page some posts from this forum. It looked
    pretty interesting, so I registered, I plan on learning a lot from you guys and help
    whenever I can.

Cheers, and have a nice day.

2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

That's gotta be one of the best introductions i've ever seen here on Techspot :grinthumb

Welcome zz11mm33 :)

3. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi zz11mm33 :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)