hi

By rico11
Mar 18, 2007
  1. hi guys and gals

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Welcome to Techspot! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

... lol howard all your introductions are exactly the same ;) You have a template or something?

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Yes mate, I use what are called canned speeches. Basically they`re just notepad files that contain what it is I want to say, plus some vb code for the links etc.

I started doing this in this forum sometime ago, that way I don`t have to keep typing out the same thing all the time. It seems that some other members have also started doing this as well lol.

In this forum, the idea was to welcome new members, but also to give them some useful info that will help them to get the best out of Techspot.

In the security and the web forum, where I do most of my posting, I use canned speeches all the time, but for entirely different reasons.

I`d never be able to get through the amount of threads I do, if I were to type every single post individually. With the various tools and programmes required to get rid of certain infections, it made perfect sense to have all the instructions I needed ready beforehand. It also helps to stop what could be serious errors from being made. I wouldn`t want someone to risk crashing their system, simply because I made a type`o` or forgot something important.

Regards Howard :)

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

P.S. I do that too, but not in "Introduce yourself." I type this out into the first thread I didn't reply to yet, then copy that and paste it into the others. But for security and the web I have a 10KB notepad file that has all my instructions (that Howard nicely donated :D ).

6. zylel

zylel TS Rookie

hello, I'm kind of new to this sight, so hi.

7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello to you as well. :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.