TechSpot

Hi8 camera to PC - Help.

By JonC
Dec 29, 2006
  1. Hello all I need help.

Before you all possibly say anything, well I have looked in this forum, and in some ways it answered my question, but other aspects weren't answered.

Anyway, I have a Sony TRV128 Hi8 camera right? Well, they don't have a usb and/or firewire port, only the a/v port, and S-Video. Now, what I'm wondering is, if I plug the a/v end into my computer, and/or the S-video, then use a video capture software, will I be able to upload the captured video into editing software?

Because, well, that is what I need. Cut scenes together, add headings, etc.

Thanks.

2. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 126

If you go to the SONY eSupport Knowledge Base TRV128

3. JohnK93

JohnK93 TS Rookie Posts: 44

JonC,
    Judging by the description of your video card in your profile, it probably doesn't support VIVO (Video In Video Out), but it's worth checking. I've captured from a very similar camera by connecting the S-Video output of the camera to my video card (which supports VIVO) to capture video, and the a/v output to the microphone input to capture audio. Using windows movie maker, i was able to capture the video, then save it to a format appropriate for editing (dv/avi). If your video card doesn't support capturing, you'll need either a new video card, or a piece of equipment such as something from pinnicle or canopus. Good luck, hope this helps.

John

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.