Hibernate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daner

Sometimes when i play CS:S or Spiderman 3 suddenly my computer goes into hibernate. The power button starts blinking orange. Does anyone know why this happends? It never happend before

Hibernation, never seems to work properly, I suggest you disable it.

Go to control panel/power options/hibernate and untick the box that says "Enable Hibernation" Click apply/ok and reboot your system. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

In that case, you should check your system for overheating and also make sure your psu(powersupply) can handle your system.

The free Everest programme can give you info on your temps and on your psu voltages.

Open your case and look at the label on the psu. We need to know it`s brand, total wattage, plus, how many amps it puts out on the 12volt rail.

model is N375P-00
output 375W

ooh my card needs 400W :S.... but why does this happend now? i had the card for several months

Probably your psu is getting ready to fail and that`s why you`re only now seeing the problem.

I suggest you consider getting a good quality psu asap, before your current psu fails and takes out your valuable components. Brands such as Antec/FSP/Eneramx are all very good. I suggest a psu in the 450watt range.

Ok, you shouldn`t have any problems putting a new psu into that system. While you have the case open, now would be a good time to clean out any dust and debris from the case and heatsinks.

Yes, make sure whatever psu you get has around 30 amps output on the 12volt rails. Obviously, if it`s a psu with dual 12volts rails, then it`s the combined amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back