Hidden files not seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have NOD latest edition antivirus installed, but i got a virus from a pendrive ,which dosent allow me to see the hidden files even after selecting the show hidden files. And another thing is that when we click any drive; for eg: if we click C: drive, the drive will open up in a new window...!!please help me! i am attaching the log files with this... i read how to attach log files using highjackthis..!! hope i did it correctly!

stratibin said:
I have NOD latest edition antivirus installed, but i got a virus from a pendrive ,which dosent allow me to see the hidden files even after selecting the show hidden files. And another thing is that when we click any drive; for eg: if we click C: drive, the drive will open up in a new window...!!please help me! i am attaching the log files with this... i read how to attach log files using highjackthis..!! hope i did it correctly!

I've looked at your logs it doesn't seem to show what has effected you.. If you download PC Tools AV it will download and update and scan the system to let you know what's on their and remove it or put it away..

I just found out a couple of weeks now that NOD32 is not working from version 2.71 and to 3.0.65 current versions. None of the ESET NOD32 AV+SPYWARE and ESET Business Smart Security and Home version are not protecting the PC. Just like they're just looking smart but no action.

Best bet is to remove NOD32 and download PC Tools Anti-Virus and PC Tools Firewall Plus both are free and with free updates. Downloads.com has these tools. Let them AV program scan your system for trojans, worms an etc.. Then also use PC Tool FP to watch for code injection. Also download Spyware Terminator that's also for free works great.

Well, unfortunately I can't offer good news either.

Is it fixable - most likely, but no 100% guarantees.

The bad news is that there are backdoors open. This means if you do any online banking or submit credit card info online, you may want to consider a format - read Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

------------------------------------------------------------
If you decide to clean your system,

First I need you to install an active Anti-virus = please uninstall NOD and install a free scanner, update and run a scan

Anti-Virus
AVG 8 Free
Avast Free
Avira Free <- My recommendation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to get the biggest threats off first using some tools that aren't listed in the preliminary removal instructions.

Download and Install SDFix
  • Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Run SDFix
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
  • Attach Report.txt back here

------------------------------------------------------

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

thanks guys.... i was sooo desperate yesterday.. i looked all over the internet for the cure... and i found some threads saying to modify the system registry and i installed autorun eater that was helpful.. it detects the autorun.inf file which runs deletes it.. but as soon as it delted it it came again... so i went to msconfig> startup> and delted a process"amvo". and deleted all the values in registry which had amvo and also a file which we can know the name if we run "cmd" and open "autorun.inf" for mine it was some 80avp80.com or something....! and i deleted all values of this files also..!! After that finally.... everything returned to normal.. I hope!?

SO guys... i thought NOD was a pretty good antivirus... thanks for the tips and names of new antivirus...!!

hey stratibin

hehe.... thats one way to do it lol..... however, its not really recommended.... the instructions pasted earlier are step by step ones that protect you from causing any damage to your system whilst trying to repair it.... glad that you've solved your problem though.... hope it works well

Spyder_1386 :)

yea i think i have solved the problem i dont know if my pc is virus free...!
well to Blind dragon.... i downloaded and ran SDfix in safe mode and im attaching the report....
i just looked the report and in that below "Files with Hidden Attributes" there is a file called 80avp80.com, that was the file which was causing the trouble.... well i dunno anything about this.. please reply quickly.. thanks..!

The log isn't attached, and from what you said you didn't remove it from the registry so of course it is going to come back. I do not recommend you try to remove it from the registry.

I can give you scripts to copy and paste to remove stuff but I need

report.txt
combofix.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back