TechSpot

High CPU usage for nothing, reboots while playing WoW, BSODs sometimes

Inactive
By mirilailai
May 25, 2010
  1. All these problems are following me after 2 reinstalls on my windows.
    I did the 8-Steps-Viruses Removal Instructions (twice -> on 2 wins) and the result is nothing...

At the first reinstall, when i turn on the comp (notebook) my cpu usage jumped to 100% at fresh start....The second reinstall (today) it jumps to 35-37% at fresh start.

When i play WoW my cpu usage jumps to 55-60% and after 30-40 minutes of play my system reboots!

And the last 8-steps-virus removal instructions running, when GMER finished the check i ran the Chrome browser by mistake and i got BSOD, then re-checked with GMER and when it finished I re-enable the antivir (KIS), then re-connect the cable for my internet connection and I got BSOD again.... I've opened a thread in the BSOD section but there i was told to open it here.

I'm so hopeless right now and it makes me to belive the only solution is complete uninstall include D:\ and all my data on the computer.

Attached Files:

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,647   +267

I don't see anything suspicious in your logs.
    Since we're talking here about fresh Windows installation, I highly doubt, we're dealing with any infection here.

I suggest, you repost at BSOD forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.