High def. tv as primary monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklinz

I was wondering if anybody is using a high definition tv as a monitor?
And if the refresh rate and resolution would be as high as a traditional monitor?
thanks,
franklinz

I haven't personally tried it, but I'm guessing it would be MUCH better than using a standard television, however - Nowhere as good as current monitors.

The reason being is that HDTV has a lower refresh rate and a max resolution of somewhere around 1100x700 usually (not exact figures, because they vary).. But can you imagine using such a resolution on a 32" or more screen? Eeek gads! That would be pretty gross in my opinion. Your start button would be 5 inches wide and you'd have to move your head while you move your mouse. :p

It would be very cool to watch DVDs on and perhaps play games (despite the not-so-great resolution).. Bigger is better! But the clarity of 1100 stretched out over 32+ inches wouldn't be that great I would think.

I would think by now HDTV's would support multiple resolutions for this sort of thing, but they are TV's and not monitors :haha:

And I concur on the 5" Start button...1024x768 is small enough on a 21" monitor, so just think of a TV twice that size :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back