High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

Back