TechSpot

High ping noise coming somewhere around the processor!!:( GAHH help!!

By Rab2140
Jan 28, 2007
  1. :approve: ok people i have had this problem for ages now and i am at my witts ebd i have replaces nearl all my parts and i have came to the conclusion that i cant do anymore so here is the problem.

there is hih picted whine oor ping coming to from somwhere reallt close the the processor so it makes me think it is the board and a previouse post said that its was a loose torroid suppressor and they advised to use non conducting silicone glue,

so can anyone tell me where to get and how to apply this gluse to that component thanks

My system specs
    Amd athlon 64x2 5000+
    2gb ddr2 ram
    Nvidia 8800 gtx

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Momentarily stop the CPU heatsink fan and see if the noise stops. If it does, have the heatsink fan replaced. I seriously doubt that the noise is coming from anything else

3. Rab2140

Rab2140 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 128

it definatley ain that i have re placed it twice and tried that i know it is the board

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Use a Q-Tip or pencil with an eraser and gently poke around and see if you can find the source of the noise

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

please only post once. You have already asked this question.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.