High ping noise coming somewhere around the processor!!:( GAHH help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

:approve: ok people i have had this problem for ages now and i am at my witts ebd i have replaces nearl all my parts and i have came to the conclusion that i cant do anymore so here is the problem.

there is hih picted whine oor ping coming to from somwhere reallt close the the processor so it makes me think it is the board and a previouse post said that its was a loose torroid suppressor and they advised to use non conducting silicone glue,

so can anyone tell me where to get and how to apply this gluse to that component thanks

My system specs
Amd athlon 64x2 5000+
2gb ddr2 ram
Nvidia 8800 gtx

Rab2140 said:
:approve: ok people i have had this problem for ages now and i am at my witts ebd i have replaces nearl all my parts and i have came to the conclusion that i cant do anymore so here is the problem.

there is hih picted whine oor ping coming to from somwhere reallt close the the processor so it makes me think it is the board and a previouse post said that its was a loose torroid suppressor and they advised to use non conducting silicone glue,

so can anyone tell me where to get and how to apply this gluse to that component thanks

My system specs
Amd athlon 64x2 5000+
2gb ddr2 ram
Nvidia 8800 gtx

Momentarily stop the CPU heatsink fan and see if the noise stops. If it does, have the heatsink fan replaced. I seriously doubt that the noise is coming from anything else

Use a Q-Tip or pencil with an eraser and gently poke around and see if you can find the source of the noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back