High ping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaazz

Hi guys,
I have a weird ping problems. I am from israel, so I have around 98 to 100 ping, at my lowest. Since 2 months ago, I suffer from a very high ping laggs on every online games I play. It gets to 200-300 and becomes unsteady, like 150 -> 200 -> 300 ->167 -> 180 -> 200 and such, while for 2 years, I had a perfect 98 ping stable.(same games)
I didn't change router or ISP or anything that could cause this as far as I know.
***THE WEIRDEST THING***
I have a perfect 98-100 ping in midd-late night, and at morning as well, until around 13:00 or so, then it starts to lagg as i described...
I already called my SIP, they said nothing is going on. I have kaspersky, tuneup utility & ad-aware scanned regulary, niether any program who causes me any lags
Any help, please?

1) pick a site to test, eg www.google.com
2) get a command prompt (run-> cmd)
2) find the IP address for verification latter (enter nslookup www.google.com)
3) enter pathping www.google.com

it will take several seconds (or even minutes) to complete.
when it completes, make sure the LAST IP address shown is the site you were
targeting
(if not, then the timeouts were so severe that the entire path could not be searched :( )

the output will show WHERE in the network your packets are being lost (or badly delayed).

Hmmm jobeard, what do I exactly have to find? I wrote path ping, it showed 16 lists of ip's and some google and my computer name. It also said something about over 30 hops.
:p

let it run ...
you will get one line per 'hop'
with timing or lost packet info

I guess there could be a possibility that there are a lot of other users on the game as well. What games are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back