HighJackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmany

Would someone, please check this HJT Log. I'm afraid my PC is showing me virus-related funny things.
Thanks in advance,
Osmany

Symptoms:
- Sometimes when I try to install a new program it says there are corrupted files on the program, so installation does not get through,
- System messages showing that Microsoft windows explorer (also Internet explorer) has encountered a problem a needs to close.
- Unexpected shuts down a cople of times.

NOTE: Before sending you the HJT log file I dared to delete this entry that I found suspicious:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UIUCU] C:\DOCUME~1\Mary\LOCALS~1\Temp\UIUCU.EXE -CLEAN_UP
I also run AVG and it found as a threat this temporal Internet file: favicon[1].htm
After that I tried to run a full system scan with Adawre2007 (free edition) and it was interrupted saying that there was an error.
So, was the HJT log I sent showing anything virus-related?
Thanks for being helping me,
Regards,
Osmany

The UIUCU.EXE file belongs to the Conexant Universal Device Install/Uninstall Application and should really have been fixed. Run HJT and click the config button, followed by the backups button. Locate the UIUCU.EXE entry you fixed and place a tick in the little box next to it. Click the restore button and click yes. Reboot your system.

So, was the HJT log I sent showing anything virus-related?

No, that`s why I said your HJT log was clean. :p

I suggest you try a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Howard, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!!! It was good to know the HJT log did not show any virus-related entry. I'm in the process of doing the other things you suggested me.
Regards,
Osmany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back