hijack log and spyware that just wont quit

By sirka
May 23, 2006
  1. I run spybot and ad-aware regularly and that usually does me good but I just cant shake whatever it is that I've got this time. Spybot will find anywhere from 3-9 things and clean them but then they (or more!) will reappear anywhere from 1 minute to 3 hours later. Ad-aware finds 2 or 3 things, cleans them and they instantly reappear. Trendmicros spyware tool doesnt find anything.
    I dont seem to have a virus according to AVG, Trendmicro and a couple other free online scanners...

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated, I want to wipe these things out!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

Fix all 016-DPF entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.