Hijack This help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I have been encountering the "This program* has encountered a program n needs to shut down. We r sorry for the inconvinence." msg especially with firefox and IE. Then i saw the thread abt hijackthis software. i downloaded it,renamed it to crusty.exe, sent the shortcut to desktop n ran it n this gave the shut down msg and just closed!! What do i do?? Plz help!!

Hi startfire_ren and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of startfire_ren only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Thread closed due to lack of response. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back