Hijack this log - internet explorer wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahb

hi there

i had a virus on my pc and it seems to have disabled my internet explorer (fire fox still works). Please could someone take a look at my hijack this log and advise me what to do? I have run malaware bytes and this seems to have got rid of the prob, and cc cleaner.
many thanks in advance!
x

I see one thing in the hijackthis log"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555...

"I have run malaware bytes and this seems to have got rid of the prob"...

Are you saying that IE is working now?

Hi there

thanks for your reply.

i cannot connect to internet explorer at all and so was hoping for some advice. I had got rid of the virus but it appears to have still hijacked my internet explorer and i still cannot use it. I would really appreciate your advice on how to rectify this. What do I do to fix the thing that you have pointed out from the hijack this log that I posted?

Thanks for your help

Hannah x

So, what did you mean by saying this?

What problem did you get rid of?

So, what did you mean by saying this?

What problem did you get rid of?

Running the malwarbytes scan detected 5 infected items - which I deleted. This is what I meant.

The problem that I still have is that my internet explorer does not work anymore - this is what I am posting about. Please could anyone advise me how to deal with this?

I see one thing in the hijackthis log"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555...
QUOTE]

Hello - just to let everyone know that I have got my internet explorer back. Hooray!
Out of everything I tried, I think that deleting the file suggested in the above quote did the trick! Thanks for everyones help.

Merry Christmas!

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back