HiJack This log

By jarvis
Nov 9, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, I am just wondering if there is anything that I should remove from my system according to this log from HJT..

Thanks

log is attached...

Attached Files:

2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [New.net Startup] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebRebates0] "C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates0.exe"

O8 - Extra context menu item: Web Rebates - file://C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\Sy1150\Tp1150\scri1150a.htm

O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net

O16 - DPF: {D9EA64B2-B966-E177-332C-78B69886526D} - http://download.newaol.com/bkpromo/download/PerformerSetup.cab

I skimmed through real fast and may have missed a few, but I would remove these. You also have a lot of useless programs running in startup that you could remove.

You also need to scan with AdAware and SpyBot. I can see that you have obvious spyware/adware.
  3. jarvis

jarvis Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 113

Thank you very much =p
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Next time, please submit files like this in a file.txt format, like from Notepad.
    I would not DREAM of opening someone's M$-doc file!
  5. Gunny

Gunny Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

I fully agree with realblackstuff. Attachments can contain viruses and infect the computers of those trying to help you. Not very nice!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.