HiJack This Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Can someone please analyze my HJT log and see if there appears to be any problems? My machine has recently become rather sloth-like. I use Firefox 2.0 on the web however once in a while I need to resort to using IE7. I recently discovered that my IE7 homepage has been changed to www.sharewareisland.com.

Thanks to all who can offer assistance!

Paul

Hello Paul and welcome to TechSpot. :wave:

Run HJT and do a system scan. Place a check in the box next to the following entry (if there):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [http]www.sharewareisland.com

Now close any open web browsers, including this one, and click the Fix Checked button.

Now reopen your web browser and follow the rest of these instructions.

Please go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Paul_G only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Hi again

Sorry for the delay but it has taken me this long to complete all those steps! Some of the scans took hours and I'm only at work part of the day. I wasn't kidding when I said my machine was slow! :)

I wasn't able to complete the step for the online scanner as it was estimating the time for completion at 12 hours!

Attached is a fresh HJT log and the Combofix and AVG AntiSpyware logs are also attached.

As for the AVG Rootkit, it did not find anything!

Thanks again for any further help!

Attachments

• Report-Scan-20070711-115415.txt
    6 KB · Views: 5
Please navigate to virusscan.jotti.org.

Click the Choose... button at the top of the page.

Navigate the the following file.

C:\WINDOWS\mtagree07011993t.dat

Click Open, then click Submit.

Make note of the results.

Then do the same with the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\Setup1.exe

Please post the results here, along with a fresh AVG Anti-Spyware log. The one you just posted seems to be corrupted somehow.

This thread is for the use of Paul_G only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Thank you!

I scanned both those files at the web page as requested. Both files came back as 'OK' with 'found nothing' from all scanners.

Re: the AVG AS log...were you able to open & read it? If by corrupt, you are referring to the entries marked 'error during cleaning', I believe this likely had to do with the fact that those files being scanned were archives of my Firefox profile which would have had cookies inside them. I have since deleted the archives. Would you still like me to re-run AVG AS? (If so, I won't be able to do that until tomorrow morning as that scan will take approximately 100 minutes and I'm outta here in 45 min's!). Also, if you do want another scan would you like me to run it in normal or safe mode?

Thanks again!
Paul

I couldn't open the AVG Anti-Spyware log on my Linux computer, but I just tried it on my Windows computer and it opened fine.

I'm not sure why there was an error during cleaning, but the items that it found were trivial anyway.

I don't see anything bad in your logs. I recommend reading this thread to try to speed your system.

You're welcome. :)

If you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back