Hijack This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me what to fix in this log file

I am trying to post log file for review thanks

Sorry it was a log file not allowed saved as txt now should be there. Thanks for your patience.

You have a nasty keylogger.

First Read: Use these HJT-instructions when asked
The text underneath goes between the dotted lines of that post.
...................................................................................................
/P/ O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System Messaging Queue] SMCSS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [System Messaging Queue] SMCSS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll (HKCU)
...................................................................................................

Sorry

i hate to be a pain in the **** but i have no idea what /p/ and /s/ means is there anyway you could call me on the phone and try and explain what to do thanks.

Please Help I Have Tried Everything

i guess this forum is above my head. is there a step by step instruction on what you are asking me to do. there are no dotted lines in my hijack this after i run it so i dont know where to insert the post you sent back. please i have read and installed everything that you have suggested but dont understand what i am supposed to do. Thanks

What RBS means is.

Boot into safe mode.

open the task manager by pressing the control, alt, and delete keys together.

Select the processes tab and click on the entry SMCSS.EXE if there, and click on the end process button, followed by yes. Now close the task manager.

Run Hijackthis, and let hijackthis fix the following by putting a tick in the little box next to, if still there.

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [System Messaging Queue] SMCSS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll (HKCU)

After you have done that, exit HJT, and reboot normally.

Regards Howard :D

did all that but i am still having a problem with regedit opening and closing after a quick second. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back