Hijack this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsie

Just checking everything over, as I do every once in awhile. I've got my hijack this log gile attatched so if someone could take a look at it, just see if anything needs fixing and what not, that'd be great. Thank you =]

Please rename HijckThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe and post a fresh HJT log. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Chelsie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Find the HijackThis.exe file and right click on it, select rename. Click the title box and rename it to HijackThis1991.exe and press the enter key.

Now, run a new HJT scan and post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of Chelsie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Okay, it wont let me delete the ViewPoint from program files. Everytime I try I get this little popup that says:
Cannot delete AxMetaStream.dll: It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using this file and try again.
But nothing is open, AT ALL, when I try to delete it. I have no idea whats going on.

Boot into safe mode and try to delete it.

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This totally has nothing to do with my Hijack this, I just have a quick question. I was reading that AVG Antispyware is Ewido. Now, I have Ewido Anti-Malware. Is there a different between the two or should I get rid of Ewido and go with AVG. Because I have AVG Free for Anti-virus. I also forgot to mention that the version of Ewido is 3.5, database version 2165.

You are correct. Grisoft the makers of AVG have taken over Ewido and called it AVG Anti-spyware.

I suggest you uninstall Ewido, then download and install the latest version of AVG Anti-spyware as per these instructions.

Download and install AVG Antispyware(formerly Ewido) from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
On the top of the main screen click Shield. Click the word active to change it to inactive.
On the top of the main screen click 'Update'. Then click on 'Start update'. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.

When you have finished updating, exit AVG Antispyware.

You can run the programme whenever you wish.

Okay, so then after I update should I re-click shield and click active? Because I did, simply because it said that it protects your computer from spyware and such.
Edit:
I turned it off again because it seemed to slow things down a bit. But if I should turn it back on, just let me know. It just slowed things down and things being more slow than usual was annoying me.

I advise you to disable the active shield. Just run the AVG antipyware updates from time to time and then run a scan. About once a week or two should be fine.

Things seem to be going slow lately, just started a few days ago. Havent downloaded anything new at all lately or anything like that. HJT log attached.

Your HJT log is clean.

Have you tried cleaning up your system and defragging your Hard drive?

Take a look at this thread HERE. It will show you how to speed up your pc.

Will do, thank you very much.
The last post on that said to make sure you dont have anything on your taskbar that you DONT use. So, I have three icons on my taskbar that I NEVER use for anything. One is Touch Pad, another is Full Power Remaing: 100% on AC power and the last is V.92 Modem On Hold App. I was just wondering if I could exit those out of my taskbar.

You can use msconfig`s startup tab to stop things from running on startup.

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears click on the startup tab. Uncheck anything you don`t want to start with Windows and click apply/ok. You will be prompted to restart your computer. Once your computer has restarted, you will see a Windows that says you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the little box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your computer and click ok.

Okay, so I'm disk cleaning and theres still 4,864 KB that it says it keeps cleaning but they never seem to go away. I dont know what its doing but it wont go away lol.

hi chelsie.
when you are cleaning your disc, you can view these files.when you get the list,hi-light them and there will be an explaintion of the selected files, weather or not they are safe to delete, most are. remember, 'if in doubt, dont wipe out'.

So, more problems.
I really have no idea whats going on but.
On AIM, I cant see peoples buddy icons. In my prefrences it has display all buddy icons yet its being insufferable and wont let me.
I dont know if its my computer thats having issues. I can see them for awhile and then they just go poof and I cant anymore.
So I have no idea if its just my computer thats having issues lately or what.
Not to mention that on start up, right when it starts up it just shows my desktop picture and then after a few seconds everything else pops up.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Aim and see if that helps.

If it doesn`t help, I suggest opening a new thread in our miscellaneous software and utilities forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back