Hijacker.small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijacked007

It is on Monday November 19, 2007 that I noticed a blue screen while playing World of Warcraft private server, Akamasrevenge.kicks-***.net. The computer automatically rebooted and went through the Windows XP loading process then I clicked on the User Name of my computer to load my personal settings to get to the desktop.

The desktop is blank with no shortcuts at all. I am able to use the Windows Task Manager to load programs and go through the prescribed, systematic list to thwart any possible malware or grayware.

Here is the Hijacked, AVG Antispyware scans. I could not get the Combo file because I downloaded the Combofix from here which replaced my old Combofix and now Combofix does not work because my computer says it is still running from a previous process.

The Problem: My Desktop is blank with a picture tile as the desktop background.

Hijacker.small is what I was able to find as a High Threat and I had quarantined Hijacker.small using AVG Antispyware from the link at this site.

Panda Antirootkit programme did not find anything.

Thank you.

Panda Antirootkit programme did not find anything.

I am able to make Combofix work now to get the Combo file that you need to find out why my Desktop is blank with no shortcuts, and can not access the taskbar/Start menu.

I had deleted all the old Combofix folders and files. Then I did a fresh download and scan from this site by running it.

Here is the Combofix attachment.

Thanks.

I wonder if Howard Hopkins is still around. I hope everyone is alive and well, or at least have a Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Holidays.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightLAN 01] "C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPClient.exe" -l

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Delete this file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Bitlordownload\Windows.Vista.Crack-VanVan.Ultimate.All.Versions.NEW.REALLY.WORK.EASY.ACTIVATION.X86.zip

As for your blue screen problem, do the following.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Hijacked007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Only One Minidump available

I have included a new Combo. Hijack. AVG. and one available minidump files.

I had repeatedly went through the prescribed, standard procedure for malware detection/removal here in addition to the previous advice.

However, I have a feeling that it is new software that is causing this because I noticed it after I downloaded and ran some new software. I am considering System Restoring.

All the anti-virus and anti-spyware checks I have completed from the recommendation here does not reveal any malware or virus that we are aware of yet.

Here are the latest attachments.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

Your minidump crashes at TM_CFW.sys. This is part of your Trend Micro security software. It`s possible that this is what is causing your system crashes and uninstalling Trend and installing another security product may help.

Your log files are clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Hijacked007 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Eureka!

I found it! It is what you had suggested all along when you looked at the hijackthis file.

It is the SBC Visual Insight, and it came in pair. I had to delete both not just one that you had initially suggested.

Now my desktop is proliferated with the normal shortcuts, and I have access to the taskbar and Start Menu.

So despite of all the guesses that we probably have been hypothesizing, it is actually the SBC Visual Insight files, both of them.

As far as the BSOD goes, I think the two SBC registry files are the culprit and not so much having to do with the dust and my laziness.

Thank you, Howard and the awesome community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back