TechSpot

HijackThis Log and a question

By jluechau
Aug 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Could someone just look over my HJT log and tell me how it looks and what to delete? Also, I have Lavasoft Ad-Watch, so everytime I reboot it opens and it tells me it has detected a registry modification. I've attached a text file of exactly what its telling me. What does that mean? And what should I do? Most of these keep returning, and I just can't seem to get rid of them no matter how many times I do anything! HELP! Thanks. :)
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

In HJT, 'FIX' these 2 lines:
    O23 - Service: CWShredder Service - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\JENNIFER ANNE\DESKTOP\cwshredder.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe (file missing)

As to the Ad-Watch Logfile:
    Click on Start/Run and type in regedit and click on OK
    go to the following keys and modify as indicated:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Value: ITNow
    Delete this Value if there. Rightclick it and select Delete, confirm it.

Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    Value: AAW
    This is OK

Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Value: Shell
    This is OK

Value: ViewMgr

Value: hwbads

Adaware listed those as a result from the previous HJT-cleanup (remember Aurora?).
    Now go into Ad-aware and see if you can 'reset' these logfiles, or 'empty' them or whatever else options it has.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.