TechSpot

Hijackthis Log Attached; Bad Performance

By Albert350Z
Dec 17, 2007
  1. Hello,

I am randomly getting an error for explorer.exe, which says "To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program" and closes Windows Explorer. It did this a few times for other processes like Task Manager but I managed to reduce the problem by using ComboFix. I did not take other actions as I want to do this step-by-step.

Thank you for your help!

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Banned Posts: 428

We need the combofix log.

3. Albert350Z

Albert350Z TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I'm sorry, I hadn't gone through the steps outlined in your forum. When I ran "Tool2" my PC rebooted and continued to reboot; I wouldn't even see the Windows logo after the first time. I couldn't get into safe mode nor load last known good configuration. It served me good in a way, I just installed a clean installation of Vista. You can lock this thread everything is smooth right now.

4. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Banned Posts: 428

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry the cleaning didn't work out.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Safe surfing...........

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.