Hijackthis log file (freezing up in IE7, Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working with IE7 in Vista Home Premium. Recently IE started to freeze up after an hour or so of connectivity. When this happens the Control Panel also will not open correctly. However I can still browse with Firefox. The problem continues until I log out & back in.

Also, I noticed that the quick launch taskbar toolbar does not automatically startup with my computer.

Anyways here's my hijackthis log. Hope you can be of help.

Thanks,

SBW.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can`t see anything nasty in your HJT log. However, that doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of sbw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hijack/combofix/avg logs

Hi Howard, thanks for taking the time to look at my file.

I took the steps you recommended, and i attached the requested files. The AVG Anti-Rootkit scan reported that none were found.

Sometime during the process the quicklaunch toolbar started to load with windows, however i am still running into problems with IE. Could the BHOs be causing it?

When I ran SS&D as per step 14 the result was:
"Company: TouchStone Software
Product: eSupport.FFBiosExt
Threat: PUPS

Functionality
This software is an add-on for the Mozilla Firefox, it is capable of reading bios information and determine the appropiate update.

Description
The stated functionality is given but the add-on is not uninstallable, it also installs a service which is also not uninstallable. The corresponding add-on for the Internet Explorer is uninstallable."

I was unable to fix this as I was not using an administrative account, as instructed. Should I run it again as an administrator and fix?

I would also appreciate if you'd be able to offer suggestions for improving performance based on my logs.

One more thing, how do I completely remove norton from my laptop?

Thanks,
SBW

Yes, run as an admin and fix that issue.

I can`t see anything nasty in your log files.

Take a look at this thread HERE for info on how to speed up your system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of sbw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back